- Managing Partner/President
With an impressive career roster, and as a recognized leader of his local community, John P. Robshaw has a unique and distinguished perspective that makes the difference in the success of his clients.
Robshaw is a past President and Director of the Buffalo Rotary Club, a past President of the Buffalo Police Athletic League, and a member of the Erie County and New York State Bar Associations. He is also a member and past Officer and Director of the Buffalo Club and the Country Club of Buffalo. Mr. Robshaw is, or was, also a member of the Boards of Directors of Millard Fillmore Hospital, Park School of Buffalo, Globe International Inc., and the Amherst Public Library. He is a member of St. Peter and Paul's Roman Catholic Church on Main Street in Williamsville, New York.
Prior to acquiring his law degree from the University of New York at Buffalo Law School, he received his Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Holy Cross College, giving him an additional strong background in and understanding of finance and investment. After passing the New York State Bar Exam in 1963, he served in the Trust Department of the Liberty National Bank & Trust Company, working primarily in Trust and Estate Planning, Estate Administration, Pension and Profit Sharing, and corporate areas. Following that, he worked as an associate attorney and partner for the firm of Williams, Stevens, McCarville & Frizzell, P.C., immediately after which he established his own practice in the fall of 1979. That same practice, with its impressive list of clients, grew to become the Robshaw & Associates, P.C. of today.
His areas of practice were initially founded in the pension, estate, and real estate area, as his father and brother were deeply involved in the ownership and operation of the Gallery of Homes real estate franchise in the Western New York area. He continued to expand in these efforts, and has done a great deal of work in both residential and commercial real estate practice, estate planning, estate administration, venture capital, radio and TV acquisitions and sales, and continues an active corporate and personal practice.
John Robshaw is also very accomplished in his personal life. He and his wife Mary Loy Tilton have been married since 1961 and have a beautiful family, with four children and four grandchildren.
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- New York, 1963
- University at Buffalo Law School, Buffalo, New York
- Holy Cross College, Worcester, Massachusetts
- Major: Accounting
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Erie County Bar Association, Member
- New York State Bar Association, Member
- Millard Fillmore Hospital, Member, Boards of Directors
- Park School of Buffalo, Member, Boards of Directors
- Globe International Inc., Member, Boards of Directors
- Amherst Public Library, Member, Boards of Directors
Past Employment Positions
- Williams, Stevens, McCarville & Frizzell, P.C., Associate Attorney & Partner
Pro Bono Activities
- Past President, Director of the Buffalo Rotary Club
- Past President, Buffalo Police Athletic League
- Buffalo Rotary Club
- St. Peter and Paul's Roman Catholic Church, Member
Get Help From An Experienced Legal Team